This is the description of a simple window pass through panel for antenna cables.
Two coax cables and a ground wire are fed into the house without drilling any holes.
2 sections PVC board cut to length from 8ft white PVC board.
2x UHF 12 Female To UHF Female Bulk Head Adapter
2x UHF 15 Right Angle UHF Male To UHF Female Adapter
Nail plates for additional stability
Outdoor load center with grounding bar
Ground rod 4 ft
Stranded bare copper wire
Most of these materials can be found in the next home improvement store.
PVC board, load center, nail plate with holes for the UHF 12 adapters, ground bar, cut in two pieces for assembly on the outside and inside.
The PVC boards are glued together with PVC Cement, the nail plates provide additional stability.
Load center and UHF adapter mounted
Ground bar installed
UHF adapter, nail plate and ground bar assembled on PVC board facing inside, in the radio shack
Ground rod with bare copper wire
Small PVC board to cover gap between the window and the Pass-through, to avoid rain and snow inside the house
A piece of PVC pipe hides the copper wire.
Load center with ground bar, the copper wire is connected to the ground rod, the UHF 15 adapters have been mounted
This is the description of an USB to TTL converter for the ICOM CI-V Interface of ICOM ham radios.
The complete adapter consists of the CP2102, USB to TTL serial converter from MICRO SATA Cables and a 1/8″ mono plug for connection to the CI-V interface in the radio.
This converter ships with cable and driver CD for less than $6, the total cost for converter, cable and connector were less than $10.
Datasheet of the CP2102 from MICRO SATA Cables:
USB 2.0 to TTL UART 6PIN Module Serial Converter CP2102
– USB to TTL Serial Converter
– USB to TTL Adapter.
-Use this device to connect your PC to a serial (TTL level) device.
– Uses CP2102 chipset and has a standard 0.1″ pitch terminal strip to connect directly to
UART or I/O pins for easy access to your MCU
– USB specification 2.0 compliant with full-speed 12Mbps.
– Standard USB type A male and TTL 6pin connector.
– 6 pins for 3.3V, RST, TXD, RXD, GND & 5V.
– All handshaking and modem interface signals.
– Baud rates: 300 bps to 1.5 Mbps.
– Byte receive buffer; 640 byte transmit buffer.
– Hardware or X-On/X-Off handshaking supported.
– Event character support Line break transmission.
– USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins.
– Supports Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, Window7, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X & Linux 2.40.
– Size: 42mm X 15mm (approx) .
– Weight: 4g (approx).
– The USB side must be connected to PC or Mac.
– Other USB devices like a digital camera, scanner and printer is not allowed.
Package Includes :
1 X USB to TTL Converter.
1 X Standard 4 pin 0.1″ pitch female to female cable.
1 X Driver CD
As described by Guy Dickinson (Icom CI-V USB/TTL Rig Cable Design Using the FTDI Chipset) the RX and TX pins of the converter are soldered together. The only additional wire needed is GND.
The program for installation of the drivers from the CD ran without problems.
This configuration has been tested successfully with an ICOM 706MKIIG and the Transceiver Control software from DXLab (COMMANDER).
For more information regarding the CI-V interface, data formats, command structure, converters, etc please visit the web page of DF4OR.